Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Passing shots

Kamakshi Tandon writes about the tension among a few of the tour's top players. I wasn't aware, however, that Radwanska put anything behind her; the last I heard, she said things would "never be the same" between her and Azarenka.

And speaking of.....WTA Backspin reminds us that Agnieszka Radwanska is 36-6 for the season, and all six losses have been to Victoria Azarenka.

Players at the 2012 Olympic Games will not be required to adhere to the Wimbledon (almost) all-white dress code.

Serena Williams is on the cover of Vogue.

Two-time Italian Open champion Jelena Jankovic went out in the first round in Rome today. Jankovic lost to Sorana Cirstea. Cirstea's 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 victory gives her Sofia Arvidsson as a second round opponent.

6 comments:

bill said...

The tensions don't faze me. Better that the top players are tense with each other rather than, for example, berating officials or complaining about hapless tournament personnel. Of course, I was amused/bemused by the Justine-Serena and Justine-Kim "feuds" back in the day. In general the level of sports-personship among women tennis players seems high.

Todd.Spiker said...

Hey, looks like Cetkovska is a "mini-Azarenka." Well, at least she's now 4-0 against Radwanska after today in Rome.

Diane said...

I'm with you, Bill. As long as no one is cheating or being a complete pain, it's all good.

4-0?! I thought The Radwanska tended to have problems with Cetkovska, but I didn't realize she'd never beaten her. Wow.

svente said...

Is Serena severely Photoshopped in that Vogue cover? Her hips/thighs look unusually small.

In any case, I like it.

svente said...

I like that athletes are on the cover, not that she may have been photoshopped! (for clarity!)

Diane said...

I think they're all seriously Photoshopped. They think they have to Photoshop even athletes.