Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sweeping the court

Caroline Wozniacki has fired coach Michael Mortenson. Quelle surprise!

Now that I know it exists, I think I, too, want an inflatable movie screen, though I have no idea how I would use it. Are you a "buy from the registry" kind of person, or would you give Sloane something she's not expecting? I have this vision of her sitting in her new tent, soaking her feet in the spa tub, watching a movie on the big inflated screen, and then--when it's over--belting out some karaoke. Camping with Sloane might be fun. I'm ready for some waffles.

Victoria Azarenka and Laura Robson have withdrawn from the Sony Open because of their respective foot and wrist injuries.

Aleksanda Wozniak has received a wild card into the main draw of the Sony Open.

Radio Tennis has departed Indian Wells and is Orlando this weekend for the Orlando Women's Open. No one else covers the small tournaments the way Radio Tennis does.

The Fed Cup tie between France and the USA, scheduled for April 19-20, will take place at the Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis.

Elena Vesnina does it up for Playboy Russia.

2 comments:

sunny nine said...

I was happy about wozniak's progress. it must be difficult w bouchard getting all the press now. i still remember her winning the stanford title in 2008. glad to seeing her making some in roads.

Diane said...

Maybe all the attention focused on Bouchard will help Wozniak in the end. No pressure.