Friday, September 5, 2014

U.S. Open--what they said

What did Serena say to you at the net? I thought she mentioned the doubles match; is that right?
Yeah, she--I don't know how to say in English, like good luck me in doubles.
Ekaterina Makarova

At this point in your career are you still working on your game, or has it now moved off to being consistent?
No, absolutely still working on it. I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die. I think why not apply the same thing to your tennis game? Yeah, I'm still working on it.
Serena Williams

Could you guys tell me how long you have been a team and how you originally became a team?
Bruno Soares: We have been playing for two weeks. No, I tried to play with Sania for a long time.
Sania Mirza: What a lie.
Bruno Soares: She finally gave me a chance to play. I mean, my results before wasn't good enough, so after a couple of weeks she accept my offer. I'm just joking. She had another partner, and after Wimbledon she messaged and another conversation started.

...I was pretty ready for it. I felt good. I felt physically good, you know. Technically the ball was sitting good on the racquet.
Ekaterina Makarova

If I can play Venus, I can play anybody.
Serena Williams

I believe the best in people. I believe if you need a bathroom break you go to the bathroom. If you need treatment, you get treatment. I don't think any rules should be changed.
Caroline Wozniacki

Bruno Soares: I guess now Sania, she will accept my offer to play Australia.
Sania Mirza: We have to win. My standards are very high.

No comments: